[BioNLP] papers related to using NLP to improve concept identification?

Phil Gooch philgooch at gmail.com
Sat Nov 5 16:20:36 EDT 2011

I'm not sure about your question - many concept identification systems
already do POS, lemmatization and phrase chunking in order to produce the
results you show in your table. Along with WSD, that's how they achieve the
'context of the word' that you mention. Are the results in your table from
MetaMap? MetaMap uses the MedPost POS tagger.